Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dinner Plans?

I, like many of you out there, feel like I am always on the go. The type of weeks where you only see your home in the dark, your fridge consists of a Brita and some condiments and your neighbors are beginning to think you moved out of town.

In an overall general effort to simplify my life (which I hope to write about in another post), I've decided that I need to start cooking more. Now, some many argue that this endeavor will actually complicate my life. And yes, it may do just that until I work it better into my schedule. But I'm tired of eating what feels like 98% of my meals out (and my wallet is feeling the pain as well!). From work to meetings to coffee shop to do more work, a bagel here and a handful of pretzels there isn't the healthy food regimen that I should be following. My body deserves more. I think I actually ate better in college (sigh).

SO, my new goal is to cook once or twice a week. Something that I can eat on another day- so that even though I'm in the car or at my desk, I still have a solid, healthy meals that I know went into (yay to no fake chemicals!).

I need your help. Please share recipes (links, whatever) of easy meals that are great to be reheated and, ideally, eaten on the go. Can't wait for the suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment