Friday, January 14, 2011

The Big Apple

In a few short hours I'll be hopping a flight to New York City for a weekend with some of my Kappa sisters! I'm really excited. I always have such a good time in NYC and I haven't been there since late Spring. Tonight we plan on just going out, tomorrow I have a big day of shopping (Bloomingdales = my mecca) followed by college basketball and a VERY big NFL game, then dinner tomorrow night at Stanton Social! I was excited that we were able to get a reservation there at a great time- 8:45 pm! Sunday will be a delicious brunch, maybe at Sarabeth's, followed by some serious couch time then off to the airport! NYC-time always throws me off...dinner at 9 pm, bars open until 4...let's just say that a weekend in NYC requires a week of recovery!
To start my travel off right today, I got an email from USAirways saying that they had upped me to the next Preferred level!! I was literally about 21 miles away from the next level and I thought I was going to miss out...but thanks to the wonderful airline they bumped me up! Yay! Makes traveling just that much easier.
To continue with the Kappa-themed week, I went to a happy hour last night with a bunch of Kappa alumnae in my area. It was great because no one from my college (at least non that I knew during my 4 year there) live in my area, so it was great to meet other local sisters. Good wine and tapas = a fun night!
Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? I'd love to hear! Havea great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment