Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mignon Faget: The Fleur-de-Lis

As a Kappa, one of our symbols is the Fleur de Lis, a mythical flower shown in our colors of light and dark blue. Often, a real iris will be substituted for in-person needs.
One of my favorite jewelery designers in a New Orleans store called Mignon Faget (French pronunciation of mean-yo fa-zhay). I was introduced to the fabulous line by a dear college friend and have been expanding my collection since. The jewelry isn't a mass marketed as others that come in little blue boxes, which is very appealing to me (although don't get me wrong, I have my fair share from that NY landmark store!).
One of the first pieces I received was this necklace featuring my beloved fleur de lis. Its simple and silver, great for layering and every day wear. The charm is sold separately from the chain, which is great so you can mix and match based upon your likes and needs. And its available in silver and gold...in fact, I may upgrade to the gold now that I find myself wearing that metal more and more! Not only does the necklace represent a big part of my undergraduate life, but it also supports a local NoLa brand. And the Fleur de Lis collection doesn't stop at the necklace! The collection contains more than 60 pieces- from rings to earrings to cuff links and ties. How cute would it be for the man in your life to wear the cuff links to a sorority sisters wedding? Love!

Have you ever heard of Mignon Faget? Did you check out their website?

No comments:

Post a Comment