Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Waiting Game

I think that business school applications are beginning to take a toll on me. Aside from the standard writers block, mild carpel tunnel syndrome and sore shoulders from being hunched over a computer for an additional 4-5 hours a day, I'm starting to have a bit of business school panic.

I've never been a great sleeper, but lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night and worrying. What if I don't get into any business schools? What if I leave my good job, with a steady paycheck, and realize I made the wrong choice? What if I can't find another good job after graduation- either I end up somewhere I hate or the economy is still in the pits and I can't find anything?

It's hard to think about leaving my friends, my family, my job and my apartment to go be a poor grad student for a couple years. But I keep trying to take deep breaths and know that I haven't made any final decisions yet and that life has a way of working itself out. Hopefully I end up where I am supposed to be.

So now that almost all of the applications are filled, essayed are written and everything submitted, I start the waiting game for the next 3(!?) months.

1 comment:

  1. I'm applying to grad school and know how stressful it is! Good luck:)

    xo Joanna
    joannalovslattes.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete