Monday, January 3, 2011

Where have I been?

Whew...I remember writing my last blog post as though it were yesterday. And here I sit, nearly 3 months later, wondering just where the heck the time has gone over the past 12 weeks.

Well, let me tell you. I studied and took the GMAT. I've been debating going back to get my MBA for a while now and something just struck me that this was the year to do it. I have the work experience. I have my career path in mind. Now I just need the education to get there.

So for the months of October and November, my life was pretty much work all day and then study all night. But it all paid off! Of course everyone always wants a perfect score, but I was very happy at where I landed and feel that it was a good example of my scholastic ability. Of course I still wonder what would have happened if I had studied just a littttttttle bit harder. Oh well, test takers remorse!

So obviously, the next step in the application. I narrowed my list to five schools and have been "apping" as I say like crazy. Each school has a detailed online application and about 3-4 essays each. I've found that I'm spending about 8-10 hours per essay. It's hard to represent yourself as best as possible within 500-750 words! With second round deadlines looming within the next 2 weeks, my life is pretty much work all day and essay all night.

So that's pretty much been my life for the last 3 months. And somewhere in there I celebrated a couple holidays and the turning of the new year.

I hope to be back in action and commit to blogging in the new year. And just because I've been lacking from blogging doesn't mean that haven't been reading all of your posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment