Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Recap: New York City Style

I'm back from a fabulous weekend in New York City!! Sadly, I have to work today, and I'm still recovering from my 48-hour excursion, but I'm battling through :) I was visiting 2 friends who live there and another friend also flew in for the weekend.

Friday night I arrived in the city around 8 and after a quick outfit change the 4 of us headed to Beauty & Essex. The place was AMAZING. When we first got there I wasn't really sure we were at the right place- it looks like a pawn shop from the street. But you go inside and through a backdoor and voila- a fabulous dinner/drinks place. Love, love, love. And they serve free champagne in the ladies room. Sold! After B&E we went to meet up with some other friends at a restaurant that I can't recall the name, where we drank delicious champagne and the oldest bottle of wine I've ever had- it was older than me! I.e. circa pre-1983.

Saturday involved a lot of laying around during the day, watched some college basketball then I went to meet some friends from Pennsylvania to watch the Steeler game at a fun restaurant/bar called Brother Jimmy's. We had a table- which was sooo necessary- and watched the Black & Gold bring home a win. I ate Frickles- aka friend pickles. They were to die for.

After a quick change from my game-day gear to my dinner wear in the restaurant bathroom, I met back up with my girlfriends and we went to Stanton Social for dinner. Delicious! It's a small plates place, so we ordered a bunch of dishes to share: 18 oysters, Red Snapper Tacos (my favorite), French Onion Soup Dumplings, Tuna Sashimi, Tuna Tartar, Mini Kobe Beef Burgers, Zucchini Tempura (my least favorite) and Spring Rolls. For dessert, fresh donuts. And wine of course :) It was very loud and they only had 3 unisex bathrooms for the whole restaurant (so expect to wait), but we had such a great time! Then we went to 3 different bars that I don't remember the names of and called it a night.

Sunday consisted of brunch at Sarabeth's, one of my favorites in NYC. Then relaxing on the couch for a bit and then off to the airport. For once my flight wasn't delayed (yay!).

Overall, a great trip! What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment