Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Big Contradiction

Do you ever feel like you are a walking contradiction? I do. A lot sometimes.

So...I have to admit...I'm an adrenaline junkie.

I love it all: bungee jumping, sky diving, scuba diving, rock climbing. I'm not one to shy away from an activity that is going to get my heart pumping. I'm working towards getting my parachuting license and my next step for my scuba life is getting my wreck and night diving licenses (I already have my regular and deep water).

Sometimes I feel like I am two people in one. The dressed up girlie-girl, wearing a ton of pink and pearls. But the crazy gal throwing herself out of an airplane (with a perfect manicure I might add).

When people find out the type of activities that I do, I always get the same look of disbelief. They can't believe that little 5'2'' me has a desire to climb up a large slab of rock (in a purple harness haha) or jump off a bridge with an elastic cord tied to my ankles. But maybe that just makes me a little more interesting. Who says that every preppy girl has to be the exact same?

Is there something about you that surprises people when they find it out??

1 comment:

  1. My college kids are constantly surprised that I am normal- haha. Anytime they find out I watch TV or listen to the radio blows them away. A few months ago one of my kids was talking about Eminem and I commented that I love him and have his cd's and she is still amazed at this converstaion. Or if I tell them stories from when I was in school. I don't really know who they think I am but they are forever amazed when they realize that my car does in fact have a radio. :)

    ReplyDelete