Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wardrobe Wednesday

With the cool weather of fall setting in, not to mention the rain that we have been getting in Pennsylvania for the past few days, I've been wearing my wellies pretty consistently.

Considering that my Hunter Wellies have been a lifesaver lately, I decided to look up the background of the company.

North British Rubber Company (now Hunter Boot Ltd) began in 1856 by an American (shocker!) entrepreneur with a staff of four. During World War 1 the company produced more than 1.185 million boots in order to meet army demands. With success as a function boot during wartime, the company was again asked to produce boots for WW2.

Hunter Boot Ltd continues to keep the feet of the Royal Household of the UK dry (along with many others around the world! From the original Green wellington that was first made in the winter of 1955, to the variety of colors and styles available today, I just love this classic item!


One of the greatest accessories that I love to pair with my wellies are the welly socks! It fits the boots perfectly and cuffs over the top of the boot- so that the sock doesn't fall down and start to "puddle" around your ankles. Available in a ton of colors, the leg part of the sock is fleece and the cuffs are fleece, regular knit or cable knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment