Sunday, September 5, 2010

To White or Not?

Every year around this time the same question comes to mind...Can I wear white (and other summer fabrics) after Labor Day? My answer (and I know that this is one that you probably don't want to hear), but I think it all depends. On a variety of things. Where in the country do you live? What is the fabric? What are you pairing it with? Etc, etc, etc.

Please keep in mind that I live in the Northeast (or to some the Mid-Atlantic and I've even heard Pennsylvania described as the Midwest!):


White pants: I feel that white cotton pants should be packed away until spring. However, heavier fabrics and "winter whites" can stick around for the cooler weather. I personally plan on wearing my white jeans into the Fall...but I will pair them with deeper, richer fall tones like brown, burgundy and hunter green instead of the lighter pastels of the summer. How about a chunky sweater over skinny white jeans into boots? Cute! A great transition outfit from the warmer temps to the cold ones.


Personally, I will be placing my eyelets, linens and seersuckers away until Spring...or until a tropical vacation this Winter!!


What do you think? Is white after Labor Day a no-no or an old-fashioned rule? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment