Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chocovine (Yes...Chocolate + Wine)





As I wander the aisles of the wine and spirits store this past weekend (yes, in Pennsylvania you can currently only by wine and liquor at state run stores. Which are not open near me on Sundays. Which is terrible when you are craving a mimosa or Bloody Mary at home and it cannot be done. Anyway, I ended up buying an it. ChocoVine's website describes it as "The great taste of Dutch chocolate and find Cabernet wine". At $10 for the bottle, my girlfriends and I were giving it a shot.



It's an interesting taste. It tastes more like chocolate milk or melted chocolate ice cream than wine. It's definitely a dessert wine and not something you would pair with a meal (unless that meal is a PB&J). Although tasty, one glass was enough for me. We drank it straight from the bottle, but after exploring the ChocoVine website today, I'm wondering if it is meant to be more of an ingredient in a cocktail than a stand-alone drink! Here is the cocktail I am going to make next time I buy ChocoVine!


Midnight Rush

2 oz ChocoVine
1 1/4 Espresso vodka
Served chilled in a martini glass



Have you ever heard or tried ChocoVine?

2 comments:

  1. My gfs and I did the same for girls night. It was not a good taste to drink straight. We thought chocolate + cherry + wine = yum, but it was more of a super sweet wine taste. We were pretty intoxicated and couldn't find a blender but we had intended on making mudslides with it, but didn't make it that far. LOL, it was a fun night though :)

    www.missysalsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious! I bet it would make a lovely cocktail though.

    ReplyDelete